Bill Allombert on Fri, 12 May 2023 14:46:16 +0200

interest for PARI/GP Jupyter notebook ?

Dear PARI developpers,

Some time ago, Jeroen Demeyer has written a PARI jupyter kernel which is now
maintained mainly by Vincent Delecroix.
<https://github.com/sagemath/pari-jupyter>
this allows to create Jupyter notebook that uses PARI/GP.

However I do not think Vincent is actually using it, and I know nobody
that really use it, so I do not know how good is the user experience.

This kernel is based on python and cypari which causes some technical issues.

There have been two technically simpler alternatives, one using the GP binary
directly (by Edgar Costa) and one using Xeus <https://github.com/jupyter-xeus>
and libpari.

However before pursuing this further, we need someone that is willing to use
this kernel for actual applications, giving feedback and willing to test new
version which compiling and installing them.

So am I looking for someone interested to help.

Cheers,
Bill.