Ilya Zakharevich on Mon, 06 Nov 2023 00:26:04 +0100

Re: Readline/editline

On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 12:13:47PM -0700, Justin C. Walker wrote:
> I know the problem with edit line, and I have never had a problem avoiding it.
>
> My problem, or rather question, is why, when I tried to rebuild 2.15.0 (having built it successfully, roughly a year ago, I had no problems with readline, but this time, readline was not compiled in (the pari replacement was)?  Also, FWIW, all I did before this rebuild was to do “make clean” in the source directory.  No other changes between builds.

 • If you have a backup of the previous state of the pari source directory;
 • AND if you tee⸣ed the output of Configure to a file when you built it the last time;

then you can tee it to a file again, and run a diff.  (This is how I
do it the last 30 years…  I found no better ways meanwhile!)

If you did not — you have been advised how to proceed the next 120
years…

Hope this helps,
Ilya