Ilya Zakharevich on Thu, 18 Jan 2024 07:58:06 +0100

Re: Vector operation missing: vecrepeat (was — wrongly — vecmult())

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 11:10:59AM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:

> > The semantic is “concatenate n copies of the given vector (or rows of
> > a matrix).  An extra argument (default 1) for multiplicity of
> > concatenation of columns-in-a-matrix.
> >
> >   It is unclear which direction of catenation is better by default for
> >   matrices!  (I needed this only for vectors so far…)
>
> Maybe you could be interested in matconcat ?

Cannot see how?

If concat() is an operation in a monoid, vecrepeat() is multiplication
by a (non-negative) integer.

  (And since matrices are a bi-monoid, one can multiply by a pair of
   such integers…)

Thanks,
Ilya