Daniel Berger on Mon, 19 Jun 2023 22:14:13 +0200

Parallel Processing of subsets

Hello,

I want to do computations on subsets of a given set, that is quite large (around 600+ elements). Since there are quite many subsets, I do not necessarily want to process them all, but still as many as possible given my computational resources, using parallel processing.

For smaller sets (~25 elements), i have successfully used parfor, iterating over the number of subsets and using vecextract to get to the subsets themselves.

However, I don't think this approach is optimal for two reasons:

So my questions are: Is my assumption above correct? What is the easiest and/or best way to do this in PARI/GP?

Kind Regards,

Daniel