Bill Allombert on Sat, 26 Aug 2023 09:53:40 +0200

Re: "GP in your browser" is quite powerful

On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 02:12:49PM +0200, hermann@stamm-wilbrandt.de wrote:
> I tried before, but today realized that you somehow get a session(!).
> Define a variable in one command, use it again in another.
>
> I did want to compute number of digits of largest known prime =1 (mod 4).
> And that really worked with stable webassembly version!
> https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpwasm.html
> But I had to press 5x Wait button to continue computation.

The issue is that the WASM file is large and takes some time to load.
We could add some indication the file is downloading, but I am
not quite sure how to do it.

> I tried on stable version as well, but that did run out of memory:
> https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gp.html

Yes, asm.js memory management is less flexible than WASM and does not support
fully dynamic memory allocation.

At this point, maybe we should only support WASM.

Cheers,
Bill.