Bill Allombert on Wed, 30 Aug 2023 09:37:31 +0200

Re: Pi with MT

On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 11:51:50PM +0200, Jean-Luc ARNAUD wrote:
> I'm interested in a Pi function using MT.
>
> Pari/GP Pi is very fast but does not use MT.
>
> Did anyone code this Pi function in MT and would be so kind as to share
> his/her code?

There is a library for fast parallel multiplication of integers that can be used
to implement a parallel Brent-Salamin AGM method for Pi, but I do not remember
its name.

Maybe we should consider implementing parallel multiplication for very very
large integers, using a two-stage NTT process.

Cheers,
Bill.