hermann on Tue, 19 Sep 2023 23:56:48 +0200

Re: PariDroid questions

On 2023-09-19 16:07, Bill Allombert wrote:
On Tue, Sep 19, 2023 at 10:52:09AM +0200, hermann@stamm-wilbrandt.de wrote:
And I would like to work with unchanged scripts in PariDroid and Linux.

If you would like a more Linux-like environment I suggest you try termux, which
has a PARI/GP package. <https://termux.dev/>

Cheers,
Bill

Thank you, that is perfect solution!

I installed termux via F-Droid on my smartphone, then in termux:
pkg install pari  # to get PARI/GP 2.15.3.
pkg install git
git clone https://github.com/Hermann-SW/RSA_numbers_factored.git

Then:
cd RSA_numbers_factored/pari/
gp RSA_numbers_factored.gp

The GP commands can be seen in this screenshot:
https://stamm-wilbrandt.de/images/Screenshot_20230919-230147.png

Everything just works — wow.

I wanted to start "vi" and was surprised it not being part of base termux.
I did "pkg install x11-repo" and "pkg install vim-gtk" as advertised.
But neither vim nor vi did start.
After "pkg install libexpat" vi works, with GP syntax highlighting!
https://stamm-wilbrandt.de/images/Screenshot_20230919-234713.png

Thanks again,

Hermann.