American Citizen on Mon, 27 Nov 2023 02:07:24 +0100

Re: general educational question on elliptic curve isogenies and moving points around

Bill

What I am expecting as a function operator is something like

map_iso(F,E,pt) = [operate_on_x, operate_on_y] where x=p[1] and y=p[2] using the f,g,h polynomials from the ellisomat results. derived from the minimal model maps of the elliptic curves F and E.

I would like to see the operator function f given like a GP-Pari function say q = f(F,E,p) which outputs point q on F.

The way I worked this was take E (given elliptic curve), find M (minimal model of E), move points to M, then find N (minimal model of F) and carefully compare the ellisomat results for both elliptic curves M and N, to find a match on the E(a4,a6) curves. Once this is found,  I move points on E to M, then move points from M to N, then move the points from N to F. As you all know, this has to be carefully done.

Using the curves I have, which have 8 torsion points, I found that usually 4 isogeny types of lifts are possible (matching E(a4,a6) curves, but I just chose the first possible isogeny lift (where the E(a4,a6) curves match)

I hope this is clear.

Anyone is welcome to comment.