hermann on Mon, 01 Jan 2024 19:59:19 +0100

Re: gp_oeis_search (Search integer sequence specified by short PARI/GP script on oeis.org)

On 2024-01-01 19:46, Karim Belabas wrote:
* hermann@stamm-wilbrandt.de [2024-01-01 19:41]:
The behavior is different based on whether firefox is already running or
not.
If running, a new tab is opened with search page, and GP prompt appears on
x86_64+aarch64.
If firefox is not already running, x86_64+aarch64 hang after starting
firefox, no GP prompt.

Ah, yes. If the browser is not already running, we mustRun the browser
as a background job, otherwise system() will wait for the command to
complete. Here's the (hopefully) final version:

  oeis(v)=
  { my(s = ""); for (i=1, #v, s = concat(s, Str(v[i]",")));
    system(Str("$BROWSER https://oeis.org/search?q=";, s, "&"))
  }

Cheers,

    K.B.

Thanks, that works, browser gets started in background.
Only quirk is the GP prompt occurs before the warning messages.
But either pressing ENTER, or just entering next GP command as below is fine.

pi@raspberrypi5:~ $ BROWSER=firefox gp -q oeis.gp
? [GFX1-]: glxtest: DRM render node not clearly detectable. Falling back to using the only one that was found.
[GFX1-]: vaapitest: ERROR
[GFX1-]: vaapitest: VA-API test failed: failed to initialise VAAPI connection.

2*3
6
? oeis(v[2..14])
0