Bill Allombert on Fri, 01 Mar 2024 22:03:31 +0100

Re: "GP in your browser" is quite powerful

On Fri, Mar 01, 2024 at 12:27:58PM +0100, hermann@stamm-wilbrandt.de wrote:
> Today I clicked on "Try GP in your browser" and landed on
> https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/gpwasm.html
> so that seems to be standard now.

Yes, and I have made some improvements, in particular the field "Evaluate with
PARI' is disabled until PARI is fully loaded.

> I am impressed, did run in Chromium browser on 4GB RAM only Raspberry Pi5.
> Only the last "#digits(p)" took so long that I had to click "Wait" button
> several times.
>
> Running in terminal is only 5.33× faster ...

It would be even faster if wasm allowed 64bit pointers.
The status of 64bit wasm is unclear.

Cheers,
Bill.