American Citizen on Tue, 23 Apr 2024 19:56:53 +0200

question on trouble shooting gp pari sessions which suddenly quit running

Hello:

It is a bit difficult to explain to you all, because I could actually not find enough information to point me in the right direction to troubleshoot a problem I've not seen before.

Yesterday afternoon I kicked off a script of 6 programs running a gp-pari program for each of the 6 cores I have on my workstation for maximum effort. Each script was processing (or was supposed to process) around 137K points. Oddly enough while I was sleeping last night, all 6 programs quit running, and when I checked this morning using the "ps" command, no gp pari program was running at all. All 6 had terminated after each one processing about 22K points and that was that.

How could a person go about troubleshooting this? Right now it appears that the programs died on their own. The GP Pari command scripts were also checked using the gp2c-run command and they appeared to pass the C warnings flags, with no errors at all, so I am puzzled as to what really happened. I checked the warn log in the /var/logs area, and nothing shows up pertaining to gp-pari from yesterday and today. A few days ago, the warn log showed a print malloc error and terminated the run but this might have been my manual work.

I do have print statements embedded in the main program, but never found them to be a problem like this before.

I am curious as to how to find out what is really happening here? I restarted all 6 programs again, and I suppose when the count of output reaches around 22K again, I could attempt to carefully monitor them.

Randall