Ilya Zakharevich on Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:16:02 -0700

Re: reverse polish

On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 05:20:07PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > Has anyone looked into an rpn flavoured frontend to the lib or for gp?
> > Or is this completely uncharted territory?
>
> GP has functions taking variables number of argument and this is not
> compatible with rpn.

The only "functions" with really variable number of arguments are the
UI functions, like print().  The rest take a fixed number of
arguments, but some of them may be omitted; so all you need is a way
to specify "this argument was omitted".  (E.g., I did it with `undef'
in Math::Pari.)  So this is not a real obstacle.

Yours,
Ilya