Vincent Lefevre on Mon, 21 Jan 2008 01:52:19 +0100

Re: documentation in PDF?

On 2008-01-19 19:18:40 +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> >   * xdvi has important display problems. For instance, it truncates
> >     refcard.dvi on the right when zooming to much (zooming is sometimes
> >     necessary, just to make the characters big enough so that they are
> >     readable).
>
> Well, I cannot reproduce this issue on my system.

As said on <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=461613>,
this depends on the configuration. But the fact that the dvi file
doesn't contain papersize hints is a bug. As said in the xdvi man page:

  -paper papertype
     (.paper)  Specifies  the  size of the printed page. Note that in
     most cases it's best to specify the paper size in the TeX  input
     file via the line

     \usepackage[dvips]{geometry}

     which  will  be  recognized by both dvips and xdvi; in that case
     the use of a `-paper' option should be unneccessary.