Bill Allombert on Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:32:17 +0100

Re: documentation in PDF?

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 01:50:35AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> As said on <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=461613>,
> this depends on the configuration. But the fact that the dvi file
> doesn't contain papersize hints is a bug. As said in the xdvi man page:
>
>   -paper papertype
>      (.paper)  Specifies  the  size of the printed page. Note that in
>      most cases it's best to specify the paper size in the TeX  input
>      file via the line

Actually, gphelp uses 'xdvi -paper 29.7x21cm refcard.dvi'  which explain
why I could not reproduce this problem. (I did ??refcard under gp)

>      \usepackage[dvips]{geometry}
>
>      which  will  be  recognized by both dvips and xdvi; in that case
>      the use of a `-paper' option should be unneccessary.

refcard.tex is in TeX, not in LaTeX. Is there an equivalent for TeX
document ?

Cheers,
Bill.