John Cremona on Fri, 12 May 2023 17:28:01 +0200

Re: interest for PARI/GP Jupyter notebook ?

I have used Jeroen's pari kernel, though not recently.  It is a very good platform for doing any kind of demo, for example of new pari/gp capabilities at an atelier, since you can have text cells as well as code cells so that's all you need for your talk.

I am not a good person to help make this work though, since I do not have the necessary expertise.  When I just started up jupyter-notebook on my laptop it was not offering me a pari kernel, though I certainly did once have it working on the same machie, and I have completely forgotten what to do to install an extra kernel.

I have not tried Edgar's kernel -- from what Pascal said that might be easier.

John