Justin C. Walker on Thu, 26 Oct 2023 00:31:56 +0200

Readline/editline

HI, all,

I just rebuilt gp using a different “Configure” line, viz:
  ./Configure --mt=pthread --with-readline --with-gmp --tune
I previously built without the “—mt” argument.

When I start the previous instance of gp, it shows the presence of “libreadline”, but the new instance does not (readline not compiled in).

Output from the new build shows this:
###
### Editline wrapper detected, building without readline support
###
### Building without GNU readline support

Any idea why the earlier build worked, but this one did not?  FWIW, my system is MacOS 10.13.6 (yeah, I know: long in the tooth), and is essentially unchanged between the two builds (~1 year apart; both are 2.15.0).

THanks!

Justin

--

Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large

Director

Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income

--------

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals.

 Well, except the weasel."

      - Homer J Simpson

--------