hermann on Thu, 15 Jun 2023 15:17:56 +0200

PariDroid questions

Recently I installed Pydroid3 on my Android smartphone:
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/download/file.php?id=60352
https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?p=2097487&hilit=Pydroid3#p2097487
It allows me to use Python3, sympy, ..., with scripts and interactive mode, when on a hike with dog.

Since I started working with Pari/GP recently, I found PariDroid Android app and installed on smartphone as well:
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=paridroid&c=apps

After I learned how to use the left/right arrow keys to get previous commands editable, working with PariDroid is cool.

I have 3 questions:

1)
Right menu top entry "Read" allows me to select a (Pari/GP script?).
When I select a simple GP script, PariDroid terminates immediately.
I found nothing mentioned in PariDroid doc on "Read" in menu,
Is it intended to read GP script?
Is terminating a bug?

2)
I have file "t.gp" under "Internal Storage > Download" on smartphone:
f(x) = { x^2; }

Which path do I have to type in in order to read that script in PariDroid with "\r ..." command?

3)
As mentioned in beginning, Pydroid3 has interactive mode similar to PariDroid.
But an editor mode as well.
Is some kind of editor part of PariDroid?
Or do I have to use external editor to create scripts for "\r ..." or "Read" menu option?

Regards,

Hermann.