Andreas Enge on Thu, 15 Jun 2023 18:21:43 +0200

Re: PariDroid questions

Hello,

Am Thu, Jun 15, 2023 at 03:13:11PM +0200 schrieb hermann@stamm-wilbrandt.de:
> 1)
> Right menu top entry "Read" allows me to select a (Pari/GP script?).
> When I select a simple GP script, PariDroid terminates immediately.
> I found nothing mentioned in PariDroid doc on "Read" in menu,
> Is it intended to read GP script?
> Is terminating a bug?

yes, this is a known bug, which I corrected a short time ago.
It used to work in the past and stopped working, maybe with newer
versions of Android? The fix will be part of the next release
to come out soon, in a week or two.

> 2)
> I have file "t.gp" under "Internal Storage > Download" on smartphone:
> f(x) = { x^2; }
> Which path do I have to type in in order to read that script in PariDroid
> with "\r ..." command?

I do not think this is possible, but am not sure.

> 3)
> As mentioned in beginning, Pydroid3 has interactive mode similar to
> PariDroid.
> But an editor mode as well.
> Is some kind of editor part of PariDroid?
> Or do I have to use external editor to create scripts for "\r ..." or "Read"
> menu option?

You need an external editor. I have installed one called "Editor" of
all names, from the Fdroid store.

Andreas