James Rickards on Sat, 03 Feb 2024 05:02:39 +0100

Tuning making pari/gp run slower?

Hi,

I have one project that I am collecting timings for. When I ran the timings on my own laptop, I noticed a reasonable speedup after I compiled PARI with "./Configure --tune", as expected.

I am also running them on a shared Linux server, and when I went to see how much faster they became, it was about 20% slower! (this was with 2.16.2)

Do you have any explanation for this? Could something about the server setup make the tuning get wonky?

Thanks,
James