Bill Allombert on Sat, 03 Feb 2024 11:28:02 +0100

Re: what did I overlook?

On Fri, Feb 02, 2024 at 06:14:58PM -0800, American Citizen wrote:
> Okay, I did install the v 2.16.1 alpha. Right now my sage installer still
> has 111 modules to install, but it already created a local gp-pari
> executable, so I won't redo the build, since this takes a few hours, even on
> my fast system.

As a rule, if you build from source, you should rather use the git master branch than
the alpha snapshots. This way, it is easier to upgrade when you need a bug fix.
We provide the alpha snapshot mostly for users than need binaries (and even there are
binaries built from recent git master available).

Even the installation tutorial recommends to use GIT when possible.

Cheers,
Bill.