Ruud H.G. van Tol on Sat, 08 Jul 2023 13:57:50 +0200

Re: How to do t_INT bit operations?

On 2023-07-06 22:57, Denis Simon wrote:
These commands do not do exactly the same.
In particular,
print(Str(gettime())ms);
print(Str(gettime()ms));
print(gettime()ms);

These three use the value of the variable called ms.
If this variable has not be assigned a value, it prints its name, hence "ms".
But if it has a value, the value is printed.
For example:

? ms="hello world"; print(Str(gettime())ms);
1hello world

So these three options should definitely not be used.

Thanks for adding those details. I never use any of those "brittle" styles myself,
I even prefer to add commas where they aren't required, like in:

print(gettime(), "ms");

:)

-- Ruud