Loïc Grenié on Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:06:01 +0100

Re: Questions on plotting hyperellratpoints()

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 23:49, Bill Allombert wrote:
On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 10:50:25PM +0100, hermann@stamm-wilbrandt.de wrote:
> I use this script:
>
> $ cat plt.gp
> xx=576*x^2 - 4592*x - 128;
> h=hyperellratpoints(xx,10000);
> X=[R[1]|R<-h];
> Y=[R[2]|R<-h];
> plothraw(X,Y);
> plothraw(X,Y,flag=1);

(do not do "flag=", just plothraw(X,Y,1); is better. Changing a global variable
in a parameter has a lot of nasty side effect. GP does not have named
parameters).

> A)
> Why does it create 3 drawing windows and not 2?

Does it ?

> B)
> Is it possible to increase displaysize of the points? The only way I found
> to see single dots not knowing where to look is appending ",flags=1", but
> the lines are annoying.
Yes
> C)
> Is it possible somehow to plot the hyperell function with something like
> ploth(x=-2,2,x^2)?
Yes
> D)
> Is it possible to get output of B and C into same window?
Yes

plotinit(1);
for(i=1,#X,plotmove(1,X[i],Y[i]);plotrbox(1,2,2,1));
plotrecth(1,x=-2,2,x^2);
plotdraw(1);

     It would be nice if there was (the possibility to add) the scale,
  as with ploth(...).

       Thanks,

             Loïc